Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Understand

I understand what you meant.

I understand what you said.

But what I don't understand is why.  Why did you say what you said?  Why did you feel that what you  had to tell me was what I needed to hear?  What made you think that what you had to say was something I don't already know, or haven't already heard?

I understand you care.

I understand you think you're entitled to say what you want.

But what I don't understand is why you want to say those things to someone you're supposed to love.  Why would you say things that are hurtful? 

I understand that you're lonely.

I understand you have issues, too.

But what I don't understand is why I give and give you friendship, and you give nothing in return.  I was there for you.  You were never there for me. 

I understand that you're busy.

I understand you're stressed.

But what I don't understand is why you think you're the only one.  Stress is not something that's specific to you.  We're all stressed.  We're all busy. 

I understand - and you have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment